Hill Capital Corporation was founded by people who share the vision of investing expertise and capital in growth companies in the region served by James J. Hill’s Great Northern Railway. Hill Capital is a very unique opportunity to join a network, earn a financial return and have an impact. To allow any investors in the region participate, Hill Capital is conducting a direct public offering of common stock to create the initial $20m investment fund. Please contact us for information about on becoming a shareholder.
Hill Capital Corporation is a publicly reporting company. Material and periodic updates are made available to our shareholders and the general public. This is a link to our SEC filings.
Hill Capital is your opportunity to increase local investment in local businesses. As a business development company, Hill Capital Corporation’s shareholders will have opportunities to attend unique events, participate in the investment process, and share in the economic outcomes associated with our investments. Hill Capital’s business model represents economic empowerment of the local community and aligned with James J. Hill’s belief in the cooperation of the production, distribution and exchange of wealth as outlined in his writings.
Shareholder, Fredrikson & Byron
Partner, Riverpoint Investments
President & CEO
“For few things are more worthless or uneasy
than capital unemployed.”
James J. Hill
Addressing The Funding Gap
- Designed to deliver long-term financial returns in-line with its asset class
- Provide Mezzanine financing to established small businesses seeking capital
- Loans in the $250,000 to $1M range
- Equity participation for enhanced return potential
- Work in cooperation with local banks and venture capitalists
- Run by local decision makers making local investments
- Initial targets in WI, MN and Dakotas
- Eventually serving the original Empire Builder Corridor
Hill Capital Corporation is an entrepreneurial grassroots effort. Many people, companies and organizations have provided resources (professional services, time, meeting space, introductions, etc.) that have significantly reduced the cost burden associated with establishing a local investment fund. The following individuals and organizations have shown their support for Hill Capital Corporation in cash or in-kind services:
- Founding Partners: $5,000+
- Companies and Organizations: $250+
- Individuals: $50+